There are several MND specific clinics and programs of care in NSW and the ACT. These specialised services provide an integrated approach to the management and clinical care of the person affected by MND.
The multidisciplinary clinics give the person with MND access to a range of health professionals who work together to provide a coordinated response to care.
Team members may include a neurologist, rehabilitation specialist, palliative care specialist, respiratory specialist, physiotherapist, dietitian, nurse, social worker, occupational therapist, speech pathologist and clinic coordinator. The MND Association's Regional Advisors also attend these clinics to provide information and support.MND clinics and services in NSW and the ACT are located at:
- ACT Multidisciplinary MND Clinic, Canberra
- Calvary Health Care MND Service, Kogarah
- Liverpool Motor Neurone Disease Clinic, Liverpool Hospital, Liverpool
- Macquarie Neurology, Macquarie University Hospital Clinic, Macquarie University, North Ryde
- Murwillumbah MND Clinic, Murwillumbah
- St Joseph's Hospital Multidisciplinary MND Clinic, Auburn
Fees may apply for some services however the Medicare rebate does apply. Please check with the individual MND clinic or service.
For contact details view/download the above file or contact MND NSW.